Research Guidance (PhD) at SVNIT Surat
- Pallav Kumar: Study of Traffic Flow Characteristics on Multi-lane Urban Roads in India (Defended in October 2018)
- Akhilesh Chepuri: Study of Travel Time Reliability on Bus Routes in selected Indian cities (Defended in August 2019)
- Avinash Choudhary: Study of Pedestrian Flow Characteristics on crosswalks at mid-block and intersections in India (Defended in December 2019)
- S S V V N Surya Narayana Raju: Driving Behavior Analysis for Modeling and Monitoring Mixed Traffic Stream Using Trajectory Data (Defended in June 2020)
- Vasudevan N: Mode and activity preference behavior of heterogeneous travelers in Indian metropolitan city, Surat. (Defended in July 2020)
- Manish Jain: Study of Traffic Flow Characteristics on Two-lane Undivided Roads in India (Pre-synopsis Stage)
- Rupali Zope: Study of Sustainable Urban Transportation Systems in India (Pre-synopsis Stage)
- Asir Khan: Study of Traffic Flow Characteristics at Roundabouts in India (in progress since August 2015)
- Ninad Gore: Application of Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth sensors for capturing road-traffic patterns under heterogeneous traffic conditions (Registered January 2018)
- Nandan Dawda: Study on integration of multi-modal transportation systems for Indian cities. (Registered January 2018)
- Ritvik Chauhan : Traffic flow analysis at un-signalized intersection under mixed traffic conditions (Registered July 2018)
- Aninda Bijoy paul: Use of proximal safety indicators in quantifying safety at un-signalized intersections. (Registered July 2019)
- Jaydip Goyani: Study on the effect of geometric elements on traffic flow characteristics on rural roads. (Registered January 2020)
- Omkar Bidkar: Study on the effect of work zone on
traffic flow characteristics and traffic safety. (Registered January 2020)
Research Guidance (M tech Dissertations) at SVNIT Surat
- Jabeena M: Study On Mixed Traffic Flow Behaviour On Intercity Expressway: A Case Study Of Mahatma Gandhi Expressway (July 2014)
- AmolWagh: Study on travel time reliability for a Metropolitan corridor: A Case Study (July 2014)
- Asir Khan: Mixed Traffic Gap Acceptance Behavior At Four Legged Rotary Intersection (July 2014)
- Prasad Hinukale: Study on Operating Speeds of Vehicles on Two-Lane Roads in Hilly Terrain,(July 2014)
- AkhileshChepuri: Study of travel time variation and reliability for a fixed route A Case Study in Surat, (August 2015)
- Rakesh Kulkarni Estimation of Saturation Flow at Signalized Intersections under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions, (August 2015)
- Nipjyoti Bharadwaj, Estimating Capacity and Level of Service Thresholds on Intercity Expressways: A case study of National Expressway-1 (August 2015)
- K.A. SriniVasula Reddy: Evaluation of Safety by developing Proximal Safety Indicators at Un-Signalized Intersection using Micro Simulation (August 2015)
- Jairam R “Real-Time Bus Travel Time Prediction Using GPS Based Historical Data”, Defended in (July 2016).
- S S V V N Surya Narayana Raju, “Calibration of Vehicle Following Models Using Trajectory Data Under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions” Defended in (July 2016).
- Vinayraj V S “Study of Pedestrian Flow Characteristics on Crosswalk at Midblock in India” (July 2016).
- Bijul Raveendran “Flow Modelling of Mixed Traffic based on Inter-Vehicular Spacing using Image Processing” (July 2017). Now pursuing PhD at IIT Bombay
- Ayush Mishra “Safety Assessment using proximal safety indicator and study of driver`s collision avoidance behaviour at unsignalised intersection in Surat.” (July 2017). Joined L&T ECC, Mumbai.
- Soorya V. B. “Traffic count Prediction using Time Series Analysis on Toll Plazas” (July 2017)
- Raunak V. Kenny “Travel time reliability on bus routes in Surat and Indore City” (July 2017). Joined SVNIT, Surat as Project Associate.
- Tania Ann Joseph “Methodology to simulate traffic operations at roundabouts in India” (July 2017). Joined L&T Infra, Chennai.
- Deepa Dileep “Calibration of Vehicle Following Models using Trajectory data for Intercity Expressways” (July 2017). Now working at WSP, Noida.
- Smit Thakkar “Determining travel time reliability and prediction using Wi-Fi sensors under heterogeneous traffic conditions” (July 2018)
- Sachin shah “Estimating perceived level of service on Intercity expressway” (July 2018)
- Nishant Pawar “Examining drivers dilemma and safety assessment at un-signalised T-Intersections under mixed traffic conditions ” (July 2018)
- Learie Milleve “Assesing the performance of public buses and user perception” (July 2018)
- Geetashree “Study of lane changing behavior on uninterrupted urban multilane road using trajectory data”(July 2018)
- Chintan Advani “Deriving travel patterns using WiFi sensors for Indian traffic conditions: A few case studies” (July 2018)
- Shubham sharma “Fundamental understanding on the use of Emerging Technologies for Traffic and Transit Operations”(August 2019)
- Vikram Singh ” Development of new travel time reliability index using Wi-Fi sensor under mixed traffic conditions”(August 2019)
- Manish Choudhary “Influence of geometric design consistency on vehicle operational characteristics of hilly terrain” (August 2019)
- Trupti More “Determination of colossal factors for predicting noise levels on urban arterial” (August 2019)
- Nishigandha Jukte “Algorithm development for detection and measurement of pavement distress using image processing approach” (August 2019)
- Rahul Deshwal “Dis-aggregate traffic forecasting and diversion analysis for inter regional traffic corridor using econometric approach”(August 2019)
- Jaydip Goyani “Safety assessment at un-signalized tintersections under mixed traffic conditions using proactive approach” (December 2019)
- Pratik Diyora “Study on Macroscopic analysis of traffic flow
using Wi-Fi sensor based derived travel time data” (August 2020)
- Vattsal Shah: “Driving behaviour analysis of discharging
vehicles at signalized intersections”(August 2020)
- Jay Mistry: “Microsimulation based analysis of Kamrej
Intersection at Surat”(July 2020)
- Surya H R: “Stability Analysis of Indian Traffic Using Car
Following Models on Trajectory Data” (August 2020)
- Abhijeet Pangavhane, “Surat Urban Transit Network Design Problem
Using Genetic Algorithm” (August 2020)
- Yawar Ali. “Safety Assessment at Signalised intersection
using vehicular trajectories” (August 2020)
- Purvang Chaudhari, “Influence of Geometry Design Inconsistency
On Vehicle’s Operating Characteristics in Hilly Terrain” (August 2020)
Research Guidance (M tech and B Tech Dissertations) at BITS Pilani
- Subodh Kant Dubey: Route Choice Modeling using Fuzzy Logic, (ME Transportation) completed in 2011.
- Nilesh Deshpande: Mapping of Accidents Using GIS in Pilani, (BE) completed in 2011.
- Nitish Sharma: Study of Heterogeneous Traffic Flow Characteristics on two-lane roads; (BE) completed in 2010.
- Balaji P.: Characteristics of Expressways Bottlenecks Operating at Capacity, (ME Transportation)completed in 2012.
- Nikhil Sumanth: Evaluation of Accessibility Index based on Equivalent Travel Times for a residential location in Jaipur city, (ME Transportation) completed in 2012.
- Praveen Singh: Modelling Pedestrian Gap Acceptance Behaviour at Mid-Block Crosswalk, (ME Transportation) completed in 2012.
- Sagar Kurle: Study of Lane usage on Expressways: An Empirical Analysis completed in 2013 (ME Transportation).
- Vijay Dhale: Study of Pedestrian Traffic Flow Characteristics on Sidewalks in India completed in 2013 (ME Transportation).
- Kartikeya Jha: Application of Traffic Forecasting Techniques for Projecting Vehicular Population in India (B.E.) completed in 2012.
- Ravikiran P: Modelling Traffic Flow on Indian Roads using Micro-simulation completed in 2013 (B.E.).
- Manojpal Reddy Nagavelli: Development Of Real Optimal Bus Scheduling And Time – Table With Headway Control Model, completed in May 2013 (B.E.)
- Saurabh Ahuja: Simulating Bus Rapid Transit Systems on Indian Roads, completed in May 2013 (B.E.)
- Sukrit Narula: Methodology for Simulating Heterogeneous Traffic on Expressways in Developing Countries: A Case Study in India, completed in May 2013 (B.E.).